cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

find OTV practice design

fly
Level 2
Level 2

i have known OTV for long time,but haven't find implementation around my customer. 

is there any customer using this tech?

i know ASR/Nexus support OTV, is there any other platform support OTV,such as catalyst 6500

there is another question,  customer want break his large layer 2 network to multi layer 3 network,because he met lot of spanning problem

i know fabirci path and Trill so we have two idea

transfer customer customer layer 2 network to Trill/fabirc path,

design a new layer 3 network ,and using OTV

i confused

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have deployed OTV to some customers with N7K's and ASR's. OTV is also supported on the 6500 Sup-2T.

FabricPath has some strict rules so be sure to read the design guide on that and make sure your equipment supports it. Personally I'm old school and like layer 3 separation. OTV on top of that for vlan spanning works for the virtualization guys and there's little to no OTV maintenance.

does sup2t support OTV?, that is greate news, customer bought 6 supt2t chassis,it is valuebale news.

we will try a test on sup2t.   if there is no OTV, we have to established a dedictated layer 2 line to another site.

i don't konw is it stable on sup2t for otv

is it stable on nexus or ASR?

thank you Collin.