cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HyperFlex Classroom Training - Hands on Labs

BrianSekleckiGE
Level 1
Level 1

To all/anyone who has attended either [Implementing Cisco HyperFlex (DCIHX)]  or similar [ ADMINISTERING CISCO DATA CENTER UNIFIED COMPUTING SYSTEM WITH INTERSIGHT] through an authorized Cisco training partner in a classroom environment:

Did the classroom feature Cisco HyperFlex servers on which to execute the hands-on labs?

Or was the classroom just a portal from which to access cloud-based resources?

I'm not sure how keen to travel and attend a classroom course without local hardware, where we're simply granted remote access to hardware.

(And how would that work? Access to a jump box that has connectivity to the CIMCs / Cisco UCS Director /  vCenter ?)

E.g., If classrooms are using virtual/remote hardware, just take the class online / remote / virtual from home, with dual 32" monitors and a comfortable chair !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @BrianSekleckiGE ,

I can put you in touch with someone who can give you training on real HX equipment (delivered by moi).  I'll send you a PM.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @BrianSekleckiGE ,

I can put you in touch with someone who can give you training on real HX equipment (delivered by moi).  I'll send you a PM.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

BrianSekleckiGE
Level 1
Level 1

If anyone else who took the class ONLINE/VIRTUAL/REMOTE, can you comment on the quality/authenticity of the remote access to the virtual hardware system:

Was remote KVM/RDP provided to a jump box where one could access CIMCs / Cisco UCS Director /  vCenter ?

Thanks and have a great weekend.