cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

hyperflex host vcenter migration

jonobola7
Level 1
Level 1

How to migrate host's hyperflex to another VCENTER?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jgorlin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is quite straightforward to move your HX deployment to a new vCenter. You simply need to run the 'stcli cluster reregister' command from the shell of any controller VM.

The full procedure is covered in here (requires CCO login to access). If the link does not work, you can find the procedure in the Managing HX Storage Clusters chapter of the HyperFlex Administration Guide.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

James Lake
Level 1
Level 1

I am also looking to do this. A customer installed an HX using one vCenter now they would like to migrate to another vCenter.

jgorlin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is quite straightforward to move your HX deployment to a new vCenter. You simply need to run the 'stcli cluster reregister' command from the shell of any controller VM.

The full procedure is covered in here (requires CCO login to access). If the link does not work, you can find the procedure in the Managing HX Storage Clusters chapter of the HyperFlex Administration Guide.

even though a reregister reports successful, within Hyperflex I am showing "cluster invalid state" and "vm clone jobs not found".  Also I dont see the HX plugin in the new vcenter.  I am not finding reference to some additional post install steps to take to get these configuration items addressed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: