Views
Helpful
Replies

I am currently designing a data center and disaster recovery connection

mail2sole
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every one 

I am currently designing a data center and disaster recovery connection , and my problem is the servers on both side has to have the same IP and port for the clients so how can i do that ??????????? 

thanks 

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi every one 

I am currently designing a data center and disaster recovery connection , and my problem is the servers on both side has to have the same IP and port for the clients so how can i do that ??????????? 

thanks 

Hi mail2sole,

so if i understand you requirement , you need same ip for server in case of DR from primary DC.

Consider a design where you are having Primary DC and DR setup which are connected via two physical Inter DC links with layer 2 technology (OTV recommended).With the help of OTV you can Layer vlans spanned across the DC with separate instance running at both the DC's. STP,HSRP and fast throughput for local performance.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/configuration_examples/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_Configuration_Examples_Release_5-x/Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_Configuration_Examples_Release_5-x_chapter5.html

Or you can do with traditional Layer 2 trunk configuration for spanning the vlans across the DC to have same same ip in case of DR.

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it Helps

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card