Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5K 2K performance issue

Hi all,

I have  a setup as below. The server is of a HP blade enclosure. Both the blade switch are connected to two different 2Ks with port-channel.( I have not shown that part in the drawing. When i tried to ping from one of the Blade server from the enclosure to the gateway which is available in VSS the response time is different when the server has been configured with/without NIC teaming. With teaming the performance is better tha without teaming. when it is not teamed the ping response time is not consistent. But when it is teamed the performance is consistent & better than our traditiona switch setup.

Have anybody noticed this behaviour pls share if any improvement can be done. I dont see any spanning tree issues here as I have taken care of spanning tree parameters.

Regards

Sachi

Nexus5k-2K.JPG

3 Replies 3

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Look at the 5k / 2k for drops.

On 2148, show platform software redwood drop and on the 5k: show queuing interface e1/1, show platform fwm info pif ethernet 1/1.

I wouldnt rely on pinging to a cat6k vss, but to a host which is hardware switched, behind the cat6k: ping host to host will be more meaningful.

I give an overview on performance troubleshooting here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/videos/1228 (towards the end)

Hi Lucien,

It is very nice here from you. I gone through your presentation. It is nice. But sorry I didnt mention about the 2K. It is 2248. We had 2148 earlier but as we need to terminate the blade switches on the 2K with multiple uplinks bundled(in case 2148 host port etherchannel doesnt support) we had to change it to 2248. Another thing is that it is a new setup which is not yet connected to the production network. Just for testing purpose I connected one blade enclosure with both the blade swiches uplink to two separate 2248 with port-channel & from one of the blade server I tried to ping to the gateway which is at the VSS. As you told it is more meaningful to test host to host. I will do that & also will look at the output of the show commands you suggested

Regards

Sachi

Hi Lucien,

Till I couldnt get a chance to check the show outputs of the 2248s.But I have one more question in the 7K. We have connected a link on the 7K on the 32x10g SFP+.Everytime we do shut & no shut the module(port) disables. Once we remove the SFP+ & reinsert it comes back. I dont think its a normal scenario. I couldnt find a bug in the image(4.2).

can you advise if you have any resolution for this.

Regards

Sachi