Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7009 does not show the N7K-F248XP-25 modules ethernet ports n sh run

epalma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a question...

I going to install two Nexus 7009 with three N7K-F248XP-25  modules on each one, I am planning to create 3 VDC, but at the initial configuration the system does not show the Ethernet ports of these modules, even with the show inventory and show module I can see that the modules are recognized and its status is OK. There is something that I have to do before start to configure these modules...? enable some feature or license in order to see the ports with show running CLI...?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can enable F1, F2, M1, M1XL and M2XL Series modules. There are no restrictions on the type of mix allowed for the system module-type command. The system module-type command allows a mix of F1, F2, M1, M1XL, and M2XL Series modules in the VDC.

Note The limit-resource module-type command controls the restrictions on the module-types that can be mixed in the VDC.

Note Use the system module-type f2 command to allow F2E Series modules into a VDC. The ports from F2 and F2E Series modules can be allocated like any other ports.

Note The modules that you do not enable must not be powered on after you configure this feature and enter yes. An error message will force you to manually disable these modules before proceeding. This prevents major disruption and service issues within a VDC.

The no form of this command resets the configuration mode to allow all modules.

hope this helps

View solution in original post

happy to help

please make sure you mark this discussion as resolved to help other people when they read it

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can enable F1, F2, M1, M1XL and M2XL Series modules. There are no restrictions on the type of mix allowed for the system module-type command. The system module-type command allows a mix of F1, F2, M1, M1XL, and M2XL Series modules in the VDC.

Note The limit-resource module-type command controls the restrictions on the module-types that can be mixed in the VDC.

Note Use the system module-type f2 command to allow F2E Series modules into a VDC. The ports from F2 and F2E Series modules can be allocated like any other ports.

Note The modules that you do not enable must not be powered on after you configure this feature and enter yes. An error message will force you to manually disable these modules before proceeding. This prevents major disruption and service issues within a VDC.

The no form of this command resets the configuration mode to allow all modules.

hope this helps

Thanks you very much... yes it was helpfully...

happy to help

please make sure you mark this discussion as resolved to help other people when they read it