Views
Helpful
Replies

OTV (CSR1000v) not bridging Multicast Traffic

crazy.xploring
Level 1
Level 1

It is a lab setup.

In short, the DataPlane Multicast part of the following cisco document not working for me.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Data_Center/DCI/whitepaper/DCI3_OTV_Intro/DCI_1.html#wp1185866

My Network:

I have built a MVPN service provider network and it works for multicast traffic between customers WITHOUT an OTV.

I used CSR1000v as OTV gear in DC1 and DC2.

Note: MVPN SP backbone is built with MDT, BSR SSM

When I tried to attach a OTV (CSR 1000v), unicast traffic flows between DC 1 and 2.

But the multicast traffic generated from a HOST in one DC to another does not flow.Typically IGMP join message (*,G) generated from a HOST in the DC1 does not reach another DC.2

I attached the topology, configuration and few verification command output.

I appreciate all your suggestions.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

crazy.xploring
Level 1
Level 1

Well, I have come up with a simple topology but with same problem. If I cannot make it in this topology I don't think I would with the earlier one.

The topology is different but the problem is same. R2 in DC2 does not see the IGMP Join message generated by R1

in DC1.

DC1 and DC2 are OTV devices (CSR1000v)

OSPF neighborship get established between R1 and R2, but multicast traffic not flowing between R1 and R2.

I have attached configurations and few verification command outputs for this topology.

Note: I noticed the following log in the R1 and R2

*Mar 1 00:48:23.235: %PIM-5-NBRCHG: neighbor 0.0.0.0 UP on interface FastEthernet0/0.100

*Mar 1 00:48:23.239: %PIM-5-NBRCHG: neighbor 0.0.0.0 DOWN on interface FastEthernet0/0.100 non DR