cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP not working on Admin VDC.

dhanesh rao
Level 1
Level 1

I configured SNMP through mgmt interface on admin VDC. But it is not working. With the same configuration it is working on all the Vdc's.

Need to know do i need any physical interface on admin vdc to make this work.

5 Replies 5

jangid.pankaj
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, You should use any physical interface.

Thanks pankaj for the reply.

Can you please confirm if i dont have any physical interface assigned on my admin VDC then SNMP will not work through mgmt interface?

Hi Dhanesh,

As i know,Cisco NX-OS supports one instance of the SNMP per VDC. By default, Cisco NX-OS places you in the default VDC.if you are using multiple VDC than it may the reason that management interface would not not.

Regards

Pankaj

Cisco NX-OS supports SNMP v1, v2c, and v3. We recommend that you use SNMPv3 to increase security because it has authentication and encryption capabilities for username, passwords, and payload data.
please check the below link for more info :-
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/best_practices/cli_mgmt_guide/cli_mgmt_bp/ip_mgmt.html#wp1053602

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Dhanesh,

SNMP not working on Admin VDC.

Yes a physical interface on admin vdc is required to make this work , check the sup engines as well for admin VDC , since this VDC is present when we boot up the chassis with sup2/sup2e installed in it .