cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2600 Series router

mikeianni
Level 1
Level 1

I just bought a 2600 Series Cisco Router. Does anyone know if there is suppose to be a Documentation CD-ROM included?

If there is a CD-ROM, is it simply documentation? (Can I get by without one?)

Is there detailed documentation online? If so, could you provide a link?

In the quick start guide, it states that my PC terminal Emulation program should be configured for 9600 baud etc.

How does one go about doing this? (I have no idea what a terminal emulation program is)

thanks,

MI

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

All new routers come with a documentation cd-rom. dont knwo if you got it new or used.Here is a link to the same.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/home/home.htm

About using terminal emulation software - terminal emulation softwares are used to access the console of the router inorder to configure it. Its available on most windows platforms for free. The name of the software is Hyperterminal. Use a Windows XP/ME/98/2000 PC, go to start menu->Programs ->Accessories->Communications->Hypeterminal

More information about setting the speed on hyperterminal is given below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094465.shtml

You will also need to use a console cable and a com port adapter to connect the PC to the console of the router.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

thanks for the response.

I didn't realize that this router was complex to get going. I have been using a simple Symantec router which has a simple web based interface.

I did attempt to configure the router via HyperTerminal but I'm not sure what I accomplished.

Basically I have two cable connections and six systems. I would like to divide them for each cable connection (three to each).

One question: Am I suppose to connect one of my PC's directly to the interent and connect the console cable to the same computer while I work in Hyperterminal? (for the configuration to work properly?)

thanks