Views
Helpful
Replies

2950 CONFIGURATION ARCHIVE

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello everyone,

I have recently put up VMS 2.2 in one of my customers network and trying to work with the configuration management of RME..

I have added the all the core/edge switches and routers . I have no problems in retriving/archiving configurations of the 6509 switch and the MSFC's.

I have problems with the 2950 switches on the network. After adding these switches, it goes under the "Devices Not supported" tab... but i feel from the document, 2950 is supported for configuration management.

I'm running the IOS versions 12.1 (13) EA1 & 12.1 (6) EA2 on the 2950 switches...

Can anybody hint me why these 2950 swithes are not supported with my configuration management module ?

Note: am able to work with inventory mgt and others over the same switches.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

do you have latest IDU 10 installed?

I remember some troubles with 2900XLs and 2950s fixed in IDU 8 and 9.

If it doesn't help, I'd try to upgrade one of 2950s to the latest IOS. There might also be a problem with IOS version...

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

nmustafa
Level 1
Level 1

Please go to the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_device_support_table09186a008017aee3.html

Search for "2950" and make sure that you are using the supported module and "minimum software image" for 2950.

12.1(14)A2 is the minimum listed and I beleive you are not using that or a higher image ?

Additionally, make sure that device credentials are correct. (Check Device Attribute).

Regards,

Nauman

Hi mustafa,

thanks for the reply. on the "devices supported in RME 3.5" tabular column, you can see 2950G switches & it says it can support inventory manager, syslog analyser, avl manager, config mgmt, software mgmt (TABLE 18) , with minimum software version of 12.1 (6) EA2, which is what am running..

the credentials are right.. any other thing that I can check ??

Hi,

do you have latest IDU 10 installed?

I remember some troubles with 2900XLs and 2950s fixed in IDU 8 and 9.

If it doesn't help, I'd try to upgrade one of 2950s to the latest IOS. There might also be a problem with IOS version...

Regards,

Milan

Hi milan

As of now, I have IDU 3.0 & RME 3.4 :( .. As you said, let me install the latest IDU 10.0 and see.. I think for this, I have to install IDU4.0 , IDU 8.0 and then IDU 10.0... ooops.. too long a procedure..

anyway, will install and let you know...

Thanks for your help...

Hello Milan,

Its working now, after updating the IDU. as of now, i have put IDU 4.0 and is working fine with this.. i will anyway update to the latest IDU 10.0..

thanks again...