Views
Helpful
Replies

3640 router Error

altaf007
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am getting following errors on my 3640 routers. I don't know what it means?

GMT: %AMDP2-FE-6-EXESSCOLL:Ethernet0/0 TDR0 TRC=0

I am getting some input and output errors on e0/0 interface.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rjackson
Level 5
Level 5

half duplex ethernet gets collisions as a part of how it works; csma/CD. When there are a lot of collisions it affects performance. This message is telling you that the router is seeing an excessive number of collisions on that interface.

It can be caused by valid increased load. It usually happens at some bottleneck in the net. It can also happen when a host screws up and causes a data storm (unicast) or broadcast storm. You need to profile the data on the link using a sniffer or some such tool.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

rjackson
Level 5
Level 5

half duplex ethernet gets collisions as a part of how it works; csma/CD. When there are a lot of collisions it affects performance. This message is telling you that the router is seeing an excessive number of collisions on that interface.

It can be caused by valid increased load. It usually happens at some bottleneck in the net. It can also happen when a host screws up and causes a data storm (unicast) or broadcast storm. You need to profile the data on the link using a sniffer or some such tool.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card