cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 and 3550 queue problem

l-gu
Level 1
Level 1

By default, QoS on Cisco 6509 is disabled. Queueing of Cisco 6509 is FIFO, right? but seems that small size of packet has more priory to pass through than big size of packet.Why?

On Cisco 3550 switch, I can't find the issue happened.

6 Replies 6

pflunkert
Level 4
Level 4

You describe QoS corect. By default it's disabled on all machines (except the cat 2950). You use FIFO but normally you don't prefer any packet. Now you must now that he catalyst have an internal mechanism to handle packets. Small packets are handled by another buffer as large packets. But the outgoing interface with his queue use really fifo.

On the cat 3550 Qos is disabled by default also. For more information i can recommend you to read the QOS Configuration Guides:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080212067.html

Unfortunally QoS on a catalyst could be a very complex subject, but i hope i can help you.

regards

Peter

Thanks for your information.

We know that some high-end switches of other vendors offer different queue for different size of packet.

But I don't be allowed to access the QoS configuration guide, Could you please send me it by mail?

Whats your email adress?

mario.gu@gmail.com

Thank a lots!

Hi Mario,

the mail is on the way.

Regards

Peter