cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7600 with redundant MSFC-2: Switchover fails.

Mark3000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco 7613 with two modules MSFC2 running 12.2(17d)SXb1. The two modules are for redundancy.

I have note that:

- Module 1 active + module 2 standby: If I take off from the rack the active module, the module 2 does not become active and sometimes crashs... It 's just stays in standby mode !

- Module 1 active + module 2 standby: If I make a soft switch over via CLI: redundancy force-failover, same behaviour: the module 2 does not become active and sometimes crashs... It 's just stays in standby mode !

Any help .? Thx in advance.

4 Replies 4

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you see if there is a crashinfo in the Supervisor in slot 2? If slot 1 is active, you can do a "dir slavebootflash:" and "dir slavesup-bootflash:". If you have a crashinfo, attach it along with an output of sh ver, sh mod.

Files are attached.

Thx in advance for any helpfull information.

The standby is failing due to inbandping failure.

*Dec 7 16:19:31.381: %PFREDUN-SP-STDBY-7-KPA_WARN: RF KPA messages have not been heard for 27 seconds

*Dec 7 16:19:58.381: %PFREDUN-SP-STDBY-7-KPA_WARN: RF KPA messages have not been heard for 54 seconds

*Dec 7 16:20:25.382: %PFREDUN-SP-STDBY-7-KPA_WARN: RF KPA messages have not been heard for 81 seconds

*Dec 7 16:20:52.382: %PFREDUN-SP-STDBY-7-KPA_WARN: RF KPA messages have not been heard for 108 seconds

*Dec 7 16:21:19.382: %PFREDUN-SP-STDBY-7-KPA_WARN: RF KPA messages have not been heard for 135 seconds

*Dec 7 16:21:46.382: %PFREDUN-SP-STDBY-7-KPA_WARN: RF KPA messages have not been heard for 162 seconds

*Dec 7 16:21:54.650: %CONST_DIAG-SP-STDBY-3-HM_TEST_FAIL: Module 2 TestSPRPInbandPing consecutive failure count:5

I did some research and found couple bugs which were internally found during testing and this issue was not seen in later releases. If the standby Supervisor stays long enough, upgrade your IOS to 12.2(17d)SXB5. If it does not, pull out one Supervisor and upgrade one supervisor at a time and see if it stabilizes. Release notes are at

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/ol_4164.htm

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Could you please tell me which bugs match the traces I have post .. the id of the bug or some explanation of the bug .. hence I can request the upgrade.

Thanks in advance