Views
Helpful
Replies

800 series router IOS question

terrypugh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the router to the Cisco manual and the book shows the commands

ROUTER(CONFIG)# interface bri0

ROUTER(CONFIG-IF)#

However the router will not accept the 'bri0' part of the first instruction.

Can anybody tell me what it should read ??

Thanks

Terry

6 Replies 6

a.grauso
Level 1
Level 1

Connect on 800 console and type "sh ip interfaces brief" to know which type of interfaces you have and numbering.

Now you can follow Cisco manual and configure the right BRI interface you have.

Alex

Thanks

It shows only 'ATM0' so I'll try that one.

First time if you hadn't guessed.

Thanks again

Terry

Sounds like you are trying to set up an ADSL router like an 827, and your are looking at the instructions for an ISDN router like the 803. Which model do you have, what are you trying to do with it, and what documentation are you working from?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Kevin

I had a series of problems, firstly I could not get the CRWS working, so I started to manually configure (for the first time) by documentation found on the cisco site, this prompted the above question. Then, after searching through this forum I found that other people had had the same problem with CRWS and they were advised to switch to SDM. So I downloaded the SDM image and everything started to work.

Now however I have another problem, after getting everything set up I had no internet access, I guess that this was the Firewall settings in the router as I'd disabled all local firewalls on the PC. Seeing that there was a 'Return Router To Factory Default' option I thought I'd start again as there seemed no option to disable router firewall. Now when I log in the the router via https it asks me for the level 15 password but will not accept my password as programmed, I guess its reverted back to a default, but I don't know it, do you know a fix ???

Regards

Terry

Try using cisco/cisco.

Ravikumar

SDM and CRWS might have a default password, but the CLI never has put on in there. Can you 'console' to the router? If so, put the show run here and we can take a look.

If you have CLI access, put your own username in there.

username joe password lewis

You can disable the firewall via the CLI, no ip inspect in|out, on the interface it is applied to.

For internet access, see if the router can ping out to the internet. If it can, then it is probably a nat issue.

Good luck,

Mike