Views
Helpful
Replies

Baud rate reset

s-cortes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We change the baud rate of catalyst 4507R(with sup4) to 115200 and also out hyperterminal to match the speed of switch.But when we reset(power cycle) the switch, only garbled character is displayed on hyperterminal.We use the xmodem for IOS recovery that's why we changed it.Is there a way for us to reset the baud rate back to 9600?

6 Replies 6

pflunkert
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

it's a very easy wy to reset the baud rate. Please press "Break" when you start the catalyst. You should see the ROMMON. Here you can change the the settings back to 9600. I don't know the exact command in the moment.

Regards

Peter

The command within ROMMON is config-register

Follow the instructions line by line to change the console speed settings. Note that you might have to reconfigure the hyperterminal back to 115200, before being able to configure it in ROMMON.

Hello,

Thanks,I have already tried that but i can not break into rommon.Is there any jumper in sup engine that can be use to reset like the 3600?

Hi,

the break sequence depends from your program. The following link shows the most break sequences from the most programms.

URL: http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/701/61.html

The document includes a link to the cisco password recovery descriptions. Perhaps it will help you.

regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

I tried the break sequence but still i cant go back to rommon,all i can see is a garbled character.But i already solved it,but my own procedure seems to be surprising.I remove the SUP engine (WS-4515) then reset/shorted the battery terminal located at upper right portion of the card.Then installed,power up the engine and i can see the rommon prompt with 9600 baud rate.I compared it in a PC where CMOS has its battery,when u reset it the values will back to defaults.Evrything is okay now. thanks GOD i did not completely destroyed the sup engine else my Boss will kick me out!!!If you can find any documentation about my procedure please let me know.Thanks

Regards,

Ez

Hi Ez,

i don't hear something before from your procedure. I recommend you to use Terra Term for this cases. I'am really true that the break sequence will works. You can change the speed from Terra Term to 115000 also. Terra Term you can download on many sites in the Internet. But you can use some other programms also.

Regards

Peter