Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

current setup of network topology as below

Carriage 
|
| EBGP
|
Router (3900) , function - connect to WAN side.
|
| IBGP
|
Switch (3750x), function - LAN- working as layer 3 switch - LAN routes are advertized from here using BGP

- got SVI's for IP routing for different subnets
So entire bgp unicast routes are also present in the routing table which is 5000+
|
|
switch (2960) - Layer 2
|
Host

I want router to handle the bgp routes (more than 5000+ routes), and 3750 to advertized LAN routes to router via OSPF and then redistributed to BGP in the router. Also for return traffic I need some sort of mechanism as well from Router to 3750. So that 3750 does not need to handle the bgp routes any more, only local routes. Could some come up with solution with may be GNS3 simulation ?

Regards,

Muhammed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is your 3750 learning a default route via BGP at the moment, of so, then you only need to filter the traffic.  Something like:

ip prefix-list default-route seq 10 permit 0.0.0.0/0

router bgp xxx
neighbor a.b.c.d prefix-list default-route out

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How about getting the router to only advertise a default route to the 3750 via iBGP and forget using two routing protocols?

Hi Philip,

Can you please send me some sample config to implement that, so that I can test it first ? or if you any article covers it

Regards,

Muhammed

Is your 3750 learning a default route via BGP at the moment, of so, then you only need to filter the traffic.  Something like:

ip prefix-list default-route seq 10 permit 0.0.0.0/0

router bgp xxx
neighbor a.b.c.d prefix-list default-route out

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card