Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Routing Issue

csplau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently I am using Cisco 7517 router as my BGP router. My AS number is 9988 and I have 2 uplinks with AS10207 and AS4637, but, very congested. Recently, I am also the Transit customer for an ISP with AS9534 in Malaysia and this ISP suppose to re-advertise my prefix and my ASN to their uplink service provider with AS6453. But, now the problem is I don't see AS6453 is annoucing my prefix and ASN to Internet.

I did see that ISP with AS9534 advertise my IP prefix and ASN to AS6453.

When I issue a command in other ISP's BGP router, "sh ip bgp regexp _9988$", I am expecting to see In the Internet of the AS path of ".....6453 9534 9988 i....", but, I cannot see it in Internet::....why? Can it be the problem caused by IRR database? I am quite sure that AS6453 is using RPSL. Is it because of the filter list that is imposed by AS6353 BGP router since the IRR database is not being updated?

I did a search at irr.teleglobe.net or radb.net, I did not see that my AS9988 in the database...??? Or, can it be some other issue...please advice

My prefix is 203.81.64.0/19. I cannot seem to be able to pump my data

1 Reply 1

m.gamal
Level 1
Level 1

hi there

may be your problem is simply that AS 6453 is making a policy to not accept routes from other ASN other than those who are customers for him.

so he is not gonna accept your routes from AS 9534 unless there is a contact between people in AS9534 and people in 6453 to open for your routes to be advertised.

i think u should first contact those people or arrange with them to be sure that they are accepting your routes and advertising it.

hope this helps

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card