cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can someone take a quick look if my IP adressing table is right?

laboon
Level 1
Level 1

For school I have to make a network and I need to write down every IP address in a table. Am not so sure if my access witches belong in vlan1 (server room 1 and 2) in my IP address table.

Can someone tell me if I did it right??

Thank you so much in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You did right. For management one IP is enough.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi

The only thing I did not find is the ISR router. All the rest is ok for me.

Hi

Thank you for replying! So the access witches don't have to have other IPS? And they don't have to be placed in other columns in the IP addressing table? I always had the feeling I had to give the access switches different IPS and place them in the IP addressing table according to which vlans the access switches are connected to.

And oh yes i forgot that one my bad!

Thank you so much for helping!

"access witches don't have to have other IPS"  not sure what you mean but L2 switches are access switches and they only need 1 IP on interface vlan x which is management vlan for purpose of accessing that switch and configuring. So, no other IPs should be on L2 switch; no rotuing, no routing table; only 1 IP and default gateway for remote access.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

hi

what i meant by "access switches don't have to have other IPS" is that am not sure if the IPS I gave to the access switches are the correct IP's. But looking at your message i think I did it right. I was just confused if i should put the management IPS for the access switches in the column "VLAN1" or put them in different column.

You did right. For management one IP is enough.

thank you so much for taking the time to look!