cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAT3750 Upgrade with *.bin file

h.parsons
Level 3
Level 3

I recently upgraded one of my 3750's by copying the bin file directly to flash: and then changed the boot statement. When I reloded the switch it came up on the new software but my Vlan's would not load and when I issued a "dir" it would say that flash: was not accessible. I have upgraded many 3550 and 2950's before, is there something different about the 3750?

4 Replies 4

leonvd79
Level 4
Level 4

It would be a good practice to verify your image before reloading your switch.

verify flash:c3750-xxxxx-mz.122-00.xxxx.bin

You can also use ftp to put your image, it would be a lot faster compared to tftp.

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Friend,

Sometimes it happens that when you upgrade your switch with new IOS vlan get deleted from your vlan database.

Can you check that after upgrading the switch do you see vlan exist in your vlan database.

If vlans are not present in vlan database then the vlans would not load and come up.

Regards,

ANkur

Note that Cisco deprecated VLAN database. It is to be removed from future IOS releases. Store your VLAN configuration in startup-config.

I believe that the Vlans not loading is because the switch cant access the flash memory after the image has loaded. I verified the image before I reloaded it and even redownloaded the image from Cisco and tried a second time with the same results.