Views
Helpful
Replies

changing UXM card revision

aretsu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a IGX 8430 with a UXM card (revision CEB)installed. The problem here is that the standard SW version of my customer is 9.2.31 (They does not want to change it), and looking in Cisco Web Site, we found that this SW version does not work with this UXM model (UXM C model needs version 9.3), it says we need to change to revision BAE or BAF, so I have this question, I hope anybody has done this before...

Is there a way to change this via software?? or Do I need to use another card with this SW version??

If I can do it via software, where can I get the procedure for doing this?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

mimooney
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My name is Mikhail Mooney and I am in Denver, CO. I can help you with this issue. It is definitely a process that you can do, and that people do every day. It is something I would only do during a maintenance window, though, in case something happens while downgrading the UXM card.

You can actually downgrade this card to the latest version of the Model B firmware for the UXM card (A.B.N) without replacing the card. I have installed this version of firmware in several customers networks. Are you using the UXM for DS3 or OC3 trunks/lines, or are you using it for T1 IMA? Please respond to my email address so that I can keep track of this easier - mmooney@cisco.com.

We can discuss the actual process for downgrading the UXM card this week. Please respond to my email address and I will help you out with this!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,

Mikhail

Hello Mikhail,

my name is Marcus Barton and i am in Aachen, Germany.

Are there any spezial things to note to DOWNGRADE a UXM card, or can i do it in the same way like a UXM upgrade ?

Kind regards

Marcus

d.ilizaliturri
Level 1
Level 1

Go to:

Upgrading Firmware for Non-Control Cards:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/74/122.html