Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1760 & ipx protocol

tomtechj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to use ipx routing , but my ios - 12.2(11)T2 - support only ip protocol. What I must to do? How can I download another version of ios which support both protocols - ip & ipx.

Thanks for any help.

Tomasz Janusik

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You should upgrade your IOS with a IP/IPX feature set. 12.2(11) T2 IOS is available with IP/IPX feature set. To download IOS, you need a CCO login. You can download it from Cisco Software Center.

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks for reply. Problem is - I don't have CCO login. Please help me more. It is possible dowload IOS in another way? Maybe You have this file for example ?

You'll need a CCO login or support contract of some type to download software images for your router. I would contact your sales people to allow you to get this. If you have problems please let me know and I will try to assist.

Hope this helps,

Don

gschertz
Level 1
Level 1

If you can not get a cco login or a support contract. you can go to any cisco vender and buy a new IOS for your router that supports ip and ipx. Unless you are willing to buy a support contract, or you are already covered by one, than buying an IOS will probably be your only option for geting a lic copy of an IOS.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card