cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2621xm - ERROR No Memory Detected.

Donchipotle100
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.

Looking for some help please guys.

I bought three cisco 2621xm routers recently. One boots up fine, and the other two clear the bootstrap 12.2 (8r) and then present the error - Memory not detected. I have transferred the good working memory directly to the faulty router and vice versa. The faulty memory works in my good router. Is there a setting or chip that controls the nvram? Sorry new to this so learning as I go along. It is just a bit strange that both routers developed the same fault. Any help appreciated please. Thank you Chris

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Those are very old routers, and have probably just failed from old age.  Take them back to where you got them from and get them exchanged.

Hello Philip.  Yes true they are old routers, although would have been nice to get some closure on the fault, as they were both working two weeks ago and have now both failed at the memory.  Is there any way to test the router slots or get some information to say why the slots have failed.  The memory works in a working router, although not in the faulty one.

Unfortunately the place where I got the memory was from a liquidation sale and so the company selling them is no longer around.

Is it worth salvaging parts from the router and then throwing them away?

Thank for your help Philip

Chris

You could be experiencing a thermal expansion failure.

If you leave the routers on for 30 minutes and then power cycle them do they start working?

Ok trying now with one of them.

It boots with bootstrap 12.2 (8r) and then I get

ERROR No memory detected.

I will leave it on for 30 minutes and then power cycle it.

Hi there Philip

I left the router on for 2 hours and then power cycled it and it made no difference.  The message "No system memory detected" returned.