Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4400 system software

alexkalin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently purchased a Cisco 4402 on ebay and I have v3 software on it currently and have no way of upgrading it without downloading the software from the cisco site - which I don't have access to as I don't have warranty on it and don't wan't to spend money on purchasing a contract just for personal use. Can anyone guide me in the right direction on how I can obtain the following files?

AIR-WLC4400-K9-4-0-219-0.aes

AIR-WLC4400-K9-4-2-176-0.aes

AIR-WLC4400-K9-7-0-240-0.aes

AIR-WLC4400-K9-7-0-240-0-ER.aes

I know you probably can't share them with me, but can you possibly help me obtain them somehow without having to spend money?

Help is appreciated greatly!

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Read this:  Special Rules for Upgrading to Controller Software Release 7.0.240.0

Pay special attention to Table 1-1.

You can't load the third and fourth firmwares you've stated without doing the intermediate first.

What I'd like to know is what kind of AP do you wish to use.  You can check what APs are supported on what firmware by looking at Table 1-2.

Hi,

Here is whats in the release notes:

3.2.78.0 or later 3.2 release   -> Upgrade to 4.0.206.0 or later 4.0 release, then upgrade to 4.2.176.0, before upgrading to 7.0.240.0.

Therefore I think I should be fine. I just need the files somehow :/

I need atleast 4.0.206.0 or later 4.0 release. If I can even just get that then that would be perfect!

You need to ER files too.  If possible, all of it.

Yeah.. So now you see how badly I'm stuck. lol

So now you see how badly I'm stuck.

Talk to someone you know who's got access.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card