Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco and enterasys link aggregation

l.sujera
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

i am facing problem i configurating link aggregation on cisco 6500 series and enterasys 8600 series

if any one have configured than please let me know how its works

regrds

lalit sujera

2 Replies 2

bruce.porter
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. For the moment I am running a single GE connection. I believe that it requires LaCP standard agregation protocol instead of Cisco's proprietary PaGP. That's as far as I'v got.

frekes
Level 1
Level 1

Essentialy you need to configure a smarttrunk on the XP. According to the E9000 user reference manual dated 18-08-2003 (available from Enterasys.com/support) you create the smartrunk and specify a control protocol.

smarttrunk create protocol

In your case you can specify either "no-protocol" as in the case of cisco ether channel or you can use 802.3ad which is LACP. You then need to add the ports to the trunk. There are come considerations about which ports you are allowed to use, which is why I suggest you consult the user guide. You should not use the 16th port of a 16port card in slot 15. Ports in a smart trunk must be set to full duplex, be in the same vlan and share the same properties (stp, aging etc)

Do not use "add ports" to add ports to an LACP trunk. Use "lacp actor-paramters" command.

I would download the user guide from the website as it has all the syntax you need. It also has some caveats which you should be aware of.

hope this helps. Good luck.

Steve