cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Tacacs+ Authentication

yogedinesh
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco ISE 2.0, which we are using for Wireless authentication using Active directory. We are looking to implement tacas+ authentication for our Network devices as well, but we dont want to use AD which is used for Wireless.

I could see we have LDAP option, can we use LDAP to integrate with AD and use it TACACS+ authentication. When i did try this, Authentication was unsuccessful with an error "22056 Subject not found in the application Identity store".

Just wanted to know, if we can use LDAP for TACACS+ authentication??.

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm not sure I'm getting you well.

Anyway, Cisco ISE can join an AD to be able to authenticate through it from whatever Radius or Tacacs protocol.

Right now, I don't have any ISE where I can connect to make some screenshots but the config is straight forward.

Here a Cisco link, showing a step by step:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/200208-Configure-ISE-2-0-IOS-TACACS-Authentic.html#anc8

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi,

Yes we have directly Joined the AD to the ISE and using it for other Wi-Fi Authentication, but i dont want to use this as an Identity store Sequence to Authenticate Network devices.

Inst ed, i have joined a same AD under LDAP option, can we use this an Identity store sequence to authenticate Network devices(tacacs).

Thanks,

Yogesh.

Yes you can. Tacacs user identity could be ldap, local or even another tacacs.

You need to create there identity site under work center / device administration and then use this identity under the policy conditions always in device administration. 

I don't have any ISE right now but I can try to get one tomorrow if possible.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark add correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, i did setup LDAP, linked the required groups and created an Identity store sequence to only use LDAP. But i do get authentication failed. 

Reason: "22056 Subject not found in the application Identity store".

Thanks.

Hi

Could you paste here the output of the authentication error details?

Are you getting this error only for a particular user or everyone?

Have you tested to found the user sent by ISE using a LDAP browser tool?

Have you tried this rule by using AD instead of LDAP?

Thanks
Francesco

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card