Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Plug and Play LOG and Offline downloaded Configuration Deploy

CSCO10235163
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we are using PnP in order to setup a large number of IE4K/2K switches on sites geographically dispersed, with minimum onsite technician intervention, considering it has low networking knowledge.

Our tests are successful but we have some open issues to fix:

1) when the onsite operator launch the configuration deploy from its mobile to the switch through bluetooth cable, he can se a log scrolling on the mobile device and showing all the clear text configuration; considering that we don't want that the operator can see any piece of config, for security reasons, is it possible to avoid/reduce this log scrolling?

2)  on several sites we don't have mobile network available, but we discover it only when onsite. In those cases, the expected behavior is that the operator moves where the mobile network is available, he downloads the configuration from 0-touch server through PnP mobile app and when going back to the site he can doploy the config already downloaded (while the switch wasn't connected), to the switch. Is it possible?

Thanks

Chiara

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Case 1, iam not sure, but it can be tweaked if you have programming skills or any partner can help.

Case 2, as long as the configuration already pushed to mobile and they can plugin and install the PnP switch.

but how are they going to connect from remote office to head office ? some connection already exits or order right, why not use same link to provision the switch.

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your answer,

but these are my doubts that remain:

1) I need to know if it is natively possible to disable logging for the operator using PnP app

2) I was in doubt, because I think the configuration is normally pushed to the mobile thanks to the Bluetooth connection of the mobile itself to the switch console, this permits to transmit to 0-touch server the S/N info and, based on that, it permits to associate a config and push

We cannot use the wired connection in order to communicate with central DC at that stage of delivery.

Thanks

Chiara

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card