cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks Changes System/hostnames on network equipment

carabe01
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help on this. I was changing all my network devices names and then I found out that next day some of my network devices hostnames on IOS switches and system names on cat/os were being reverted back to their original names. This name configuration I did manually using telnet. It was saved on each equipment. I am not scheduling any of those changes by any netconfig or config editor. My Ciscoworks server has TACACS login as default login module and only one account, mine; that has privileges to do those changes. I can make any change on network equipment configuration , but the only change that reverts back is the systen name or hostname.

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You haven't provided any details on the RME and IDU version installed. But it appears to similar to CSCdx73755

My RME version is 3.4 if IDu version is the same as incremental device support, then it is also 3.4

Yesterday I erased all Ip information from RME manage device list and the problem is gone.I am planning to do some maintenance and upgrade work on this Ciscoworks box. Where should you recommend I would begin with(patches,fixes and so on) My ANI server version is 4.1 and software version is "CD one fifth edition version 2.1"

Install the latest RME 3.4 IDU patch from CCO and it should correct this issue hopefully.

I will try that and post any updates on this matter.