cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks Log Files

stuartgilson
Level 1
Level 1

Ciscoworks running 3.5 on unix platform.

After a backup of the log files is carried out The ability to view the process status or to stop/start processes fails, also trying to Analyse the ANIserver returns with no information, currently the only way i can restore all facilities is to reload the platform. Any ideas how to resolve this?

3 Replies 3

guffe
Level 1
Level 1

What have you done?,as fare as what i have tried regarding log files you shouldn't have that kind of failure if you stop and start the system. So first clear the log fils cat /dev/null > XXXX.log and try again /etc/init.d/dmgtd start if this doesn't help try to reinitdb which clear the ANI server DB and not the RME

there is a perl script that comes with the server and can do a backup of every log file that has reached 90% of its size. see the online help for details. I used it several times on solaris and windows without any problem. You can also use is for a cron job to backout log files.

Martin

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You can use the LogRot script from: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25401&package_id=79001

works pretty well.