Helpful
Replies

CML2 returning error message "Server Disconnected"

sudonym3
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting error notification "Server Disconnected". See screenshot below; 

Server Disconnected.PNG

The server disconnected notification is the red icon in the bottom right hand corner. Apologies that the resolution of the image may quite poor. 

I have no idea what has caused this problem. I know that I definitely have a valid and up-to-date license (I purchased an annual license in March 2022). 

This problem has only started about an hour ago. I note that I was having to make some changes to my antivirus/firewall software Bitdefender. And this issue seemed to coincide with when I made these changes. 

However, I have now uninstalled Bitdefender entirely and I am still getting this error. 

I also note that it seemed to start working for a little bit but then stopped again. So this made me think that this may be an actual server issue or similar on Cisco's side. But I have no idea how to troubleshoot this issue and so really have no idea how to move towards a resolution. 

I would be grateful for any and all assistance that can be provided in getting this issue resolved. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sudonym3
Level 1
Level 1

Just to add to my original message: I have now resolved the issue. 

The fix was to simply delete the CML virtual machine that I created in VMWare Workstation and then create a new one from scratch. 

Still not sure what caused the problem in the first place, but a recreation of the CML virtual machine seems to have resolved it. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

sudonym3
Level 1
Level 1

Just to add to my original message: I have now resolved the issue. 

The fix was to simply delete the CML virtual machine that I created in VMWare Workstation and then create a new one from scratch. 

Still not sure what caused the problem in the first place, but a recreation of the CML virtual machine seems to have resolved it.