cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure a Cisco router with telnet Username and Password.

easamoah1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

Am quite new in cisco and i need to configure an 891 cisco router,can someone please show me step by step configuration commands for configuring Username and Secret Password.I would like the router to ask for "Username"and " Password" anytime i want to login the router through telnet.I also want to know if i have to erase the default configurations on the router first, before i start the configuration,and how it should be done in other not to loose the router whiles working on it.Thanks for your usual quick responds.

Regards,

Eben.

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From this forum description:

Note: If your questions pertain to specific Cisco technology or solution, please post them in the proper community by leveraging the Community Directory so that folks who have expertise within those areas can engage and collaborate to it.

You should consider to delete your question here and recreate in in more appropriate forum. You can wish for quick response then ...

Edit: Thread has been moved by moderator, the notice no longer apply.

I've moved this discussion to the appropriate community.

As mentioned by Dan, kindly post technical questions in the appropriate technical community for obtaining faster responses.

Kind Regards,

Monica

I hope you and your love ones are safe and healthy
Monica Lluis
Community Manager Lead