Views
Helpful
Replies

couldn't ping different VLAN from 1 IP address

anand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we got Cisco 6500 with MSFC2, on that created 22 VLAN's are created, clients switches are Cisco 2950-24T. now the problem what i am facing is, lets take VLAN 3, on that a client PC IP address 192.168.1.5/24,now if i set this particular IP in any of the PC in VLAN 3 it is pinging only the VLAN 3 PC's, it can't able to ping different VLAN's, where as for the same PC if i set 192.168.1.4/24 are any other IP apart from 192.168.1.5/24, it is working fine & able to ping different VLAN's also, i tried "clear arp" in cisco 2950-24T switches, but nothing worked out. so far 2 PC's in different VLAN's are having similar problem. i havn't put any Access List commands also.

is there any solution who had faced similar problem? thanks in advance,

3 Replies 3

Hello Anand,

you could try and configure the switches that show this behaviour for VTP transparent mode, and then switch them back to client mode.

Also, have you tried to reload the switches (stupid question maybe, but it could help)?

Regards,

GP

hi,

again today one more PC in different VLAN having the same problem, i tried even restarting the switches, but still the same problem, is there any other option? i am really afraid this problem is slowly spreading to each & every VLAN.

Could you try upgrading the IOS on the MSFC. That's the idea we can give you at his point of time or try to switch to redundent sup if you have and see if that make a differnce.

HTH

Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card