cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW 2K

JHaynes4
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CW2k server running LMS at work. When it was first installed and patched with the latest IDU's and updates it worked flawlessly. After a period of time (2 weeks or so) connecting to the server began to slow down. Looking at task manager it was possible to see multiple instances of the same process running. Examples are apache.exe and cwjava.exe. There are actually quite a few of them that are in this state. I tried a complete re-install from the OS up and the same thing begins to happen after a couple of weeks again. Is there something I'm missing or is this how the product works? It's starting to become so slow it's not worth using. The server has more than enough power with a 3GHz processor and 2 GB of memory.

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

One possible source for problems is installation on non-supported platforms or a platform with incorrect patches. If you are using windows, you need to have Windows 2000 Server or Professional edition with Service Pack 1. For more information, you could refer to http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_b/lms/lmsmar01/lmsrmf3m.htm