Views
Helpful
Replies

Destination NAT and DNS cannot resolve external Domain

MrBeginner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I would like to request to explain nat and dns resolve.Firstly i would like to explain my scenario.

I have local AD test.com and i also have external domain test.com.My website is host on external domain. Internal domain is use for user authentication and local dns.I have some servers hosted in local (web,email,ftp,nas etc).I added A record in External dns  as below to access my local servers from outside network.

nas.test.com===>101.xxx.xxx.xxx

hr.test.com===>101.xxx.xxx.xxx

web.test.com===>101.xxx.xxx.xxx

and i put Destination nat in my firewall public ip to internal ip.

I also add dns A record in my local DNS  like below to all users can access server  with dns name. I don't want to use IP.

nas.test.com ==>192.168.10.10

hr.test.com===>192.168.10.20

web.test.com ===>192.168.10.20

My confusion is,

When i add google dns as Preferable DNS and local dns as Alternative DNS in end-user computer's network setting and then try to access local servers by using office network ,all traffic are go to public and comeback and translate the server .

Let me know why it isn't directly translate name to local IP and why didn't search in local first and why is it search in public is first priority ?

If i add my local domain or local gateway as Preferable DNS and local DNS as Alternative DNS in end-user computer setting and then try to access local servers by using office network,all traffic are go to locally but my external website test.com cannot access with office network.

Let me know why DNS isn't resolve if it is cannot find in local ,it should try to public ?

It is my firewall destination NAT issue ? 

OR because of same domain ISSUE ?

1 Reply 1

MrBeginner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Now ,I found the solution.I copy all A record and CNAME of external domain and add to local DNS. All are ok now