Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Discovery ANI-Server

bernds
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we run Cisco Works LMS Suite 5th Edition and manage about 190 devices on an solaris8 based installation. On this plattform runs CS2.2, CM3.3, RME3.5, DFM1.2 and CV5.5.

We enlarged our network infrastructure with an additional network segment (ospf area 1), which is connected over an ospf boarder router (c2621) to the existing network (ospf area 0). The CW2k-Management system is placed in the existing network (area 0). The new network area contains about 20 cisco routers and switches.

Now, CW2K is unable to discover the devices in the new area, only the boarder router was found. In the ANI server configuration dialog "Discovery Settings", "SNMP Settings" i have entered the additional segments and community strings. Also i set the boarder router as seed device. From the management system i can ping the undiscovered devices.

Did anybody made the same experience? Is there any workaround?

Kind regards,

Bernd

3 Replies 3

krozier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi bernds,

Are you able to see the discovered device using "Show CDP Neighbor" on the ABR? I would also make sure that the community string are ok, by using snmpwalker -c {community string} {ip address} .1.3.6.1.2.1.1

Hope this helps!

Kersean Rozier

Hi Kersean,

the ABR shows all cdp-enabled neighbors. Also the snmpwalk works fine from the CW2K station.

I have added the community strings of area 1 to the configuration of the ABR. Now, the ABR is configured with two different community strings, one of area 0 and one of area 1.

-> ANI server have discovered the devices in area 1.

But why ??

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card