Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 1.1: Setting of SNMP-Write-Community is not permanent

juergen.fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

In Resource-Manager | Administration | Inventory | View Check Results - I have some devices listed as "Write Community - INCORRECT".

These devices use a write community other than default.

When I change the community-write-string ("change Attributes") and then "check device attributes" all is fine. But after a few days I have again the same problem with all devices I have successfully changed before.

Any hints, why I'm not able to change the used SNMP-Write-String within RME permanatly ?

By the way even in Server Configuration | Setup | ANI Server Admin | SNMP Settings I have the following lines:

# To verify that you are entering valid community strings, ...

*.*.*.*:public::::::public

*.*.*.*:public::::::<my-write-string>

Shouldn't that work even without setting the community explicit for some devices ?

Thanks

Juergen

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

After you change the values via Change Attributes, do an Export to file to see if the changes have been saved or not. Then when check device attributes show them as incorrect, do export to file again. If the export shows the values correct, the the problem is with the check device attribute.

After changing and export the right(expected) community is listed.

I did an export before changing and all write communities of all devices were "public".

So "check device attributes" shows the same as the export.

Seems "someone" changes the communites in the database after a time.

Any ideas of going on troubleshooting ?

Juergen

Try starting by searching the CCO Bug Toolkit to see if there are any knowns issues related to this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: