cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM, 4000 monitoring

vosm
Level 1
Level 1

In the monitoring console of DFM I am getting a lot of notifications of CLUSTER memory Excessive Fragmentation. I have searched CCO extensively to find info on the CLUSTER memory. 1) does anyone know for sure what part of memory this is and how to look at it on the switch? 2)if it is not something to be overly concerned with how can I not monitor just that part of the memory?

Thanks for the help.

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

memory Excessive Fragmentation is a known issue with DFM. You need to install the DFM 1.1 IDS 1.1.2 patch from CCO which will fix this.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-dfm. Go through the README file first before installing it.

Hi,

I've personally came accross this problem when for DFM shows the Memory Excessive errors. I've also put in the patch as recommended; DFM 1.1 IDS 1.1.2 patch from CCO and installed successfully. However, I found the problem does not go away as the DFM console still shows me the same message again and again. Anyway, please update how your troubleshooting goes.

And others, anyone managed to solve this problem before?

Appreciates & Regards,

Kevin

I did load it and it did seem to fix the problem. But that was Friday afternoon and I haven't looked since then, I will be monitoring it today and if I feel it didn't fix it I will let you know. Now, I need to figure out my baselines for all my equipment.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card