cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Server Information

david.hegner
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up DHCP on one of my switches for a public wireless network at our new office. The configuration was smooth and it works like a champ. However, I can't seem to figure out how to see what is configured on the server. I've gone through all the ip dhcp and dhcp show commands and I can't find one that lists the DNS and gateway addresses.

Is there a command that will allow me to see this information? I would feel better knowing I didn't fat finger something.

Sorry to be so daffy but I just can't find it.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try "show run". If something isn't there, is not configured.

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

David Hegner wrote:

I have set up DHCP on one of my switches for a public wireless network at our new office. The configuration was smooth and it works like a champ. However, I can't seem to figure out how to see what is configured on the server. I've gone through all the ip dhcp and dhcp show commands and I can't find one that lists the DNS and gateway addresses.

Is there a command that will allow me to see this information? I would feel better knowing I didn't fat finger something.

Sorry to be so daffy but I just can't find it.

Is your switch the piece of kit which is actually giving out the DHCP allocations?

If you didn't configure it to do so, then there's a pretty good bet it isn't!

From the switch console, try the following

show running-config | include ip dhcp

show running-config | include dns-server

show running-config | include default-router

If you don't get any output, then something else is allocating DHCP addresses for your network.

Cheers

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card