cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS server not able to be pinged or ping other computers

u3281589
Level 1
Level 1

hello so Im making this network where theres a dns server that is connected to a cloud, however, for some reason, i am unable to ping any computers that are also in the network, or be able to use the DNS website for any of the computers. these are the rules that i am following, please let me know if i did something obviously wrong.
thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I think I figured it out. You have to use a crossover cable between the HomeRouter and the cable modem. This unfortunately is not documented anywhere, I just found it by trial and error. Between the cloud and the server, you have to use Ethernet3. And the server needs to function as DHCP server. Attached the (I think) working file.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

oh ty, this is so much easier 

Hello,

there is no default gateway with IP address 203.0.113.1 configured anywhere. Did you come up with that physical setup yourself, or was that given to you, and are you not allowed to change it ?

The default gateway that’s on the server was given to me and is not allowed to be chnaged, however the ip address is fine to be changed as it wasn’t specified to be one ip. Would you know what I would chnage it to? 

Hello,

the HomeRouter needs an IP address. This typically comes from a router connected to the HomeRouter. On that additional router, your default gateway would also be configured. Are you allowed to change your physical setup and add a router ?

I don’t think there’s anything stating that im not allowed to add to my physical setup

Hello,

I think I figured it out. You have to use a crossover cable between the HomeRouter and the cable modem. This unfortunately is not documented anywhere, I just found it by trial and error. Between the cloud and the server, you have to use Ethernet3. And the server needs to function as DHCP server. Attached the (I think) working file.