cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Editing Named ACLs

nbhungalia
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I must be missing something. As I know, I should be able to modify the named ACLs without doing "no" on the list like the normal ACLs. Can anyone tell me how to modify named ACLs or if anyone knows of any docs, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Naren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You have to put 'no permit ip any any' and then 'permit ip any any'. Also you can create text file with ACL on TFTP server and any comments if nessesary starting with '!'-sign. The file must begin with two strings 'no ip access-list extended ACLname' and 'ip access-list extended ACLname' . It is more convenient if you have many records and don't need to remember the rurpose of each record. After that you can edit this file, save and start 'conf net' dialogue on the router.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bkganesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to remove individual ACL entries, go to config mode and then into the named-acl mode. You can use the following syntax :

"no" .

There is an upcoming release of IOS that provides sequence numbering support for ACL entries in IOS.

-Ganesh.

What if I want to add an entry to the named acl; if I have an "permit ip any any" at the end?

You have to put 'no permit ip any any' and then 'permit ip any any'. Also you can create text file with ACL on TFTP server and any comments if nessesary starting with '!'-sign. The file must begin with two strings 'no ip access-list extended ACLname' and 'ip access-list extended ACLname' . It is more convenient if you have many records and don't need to remember the rurpose of each record. After that you can edit this file, save and start 'conf net' dialogue on the router.