cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Errors on E1

khanj
Level 1
Level 1

I am using VWIC-2MFT-g.703 on Cisco 2611, I have configured frmaed E1 on it with timeslots 1-31, framing

is no-crc and clock source is line, but I keep on receiving Line Code Violations and Path code Violations, when I used interface convertors from Pandatel G.703 - V.35 connected to a VIC-2T, the errors

disappear.

I have checked all cisco technical documentation, but couldn't find any clue to my problem. There are no errors on line, I have checked it a number of times using BERT. Sometimes microcode reload e1 ... command removes errors for a few hours, but they start immediately.

Regards Jawwad

1 Reply 1

fmachoka
Level 1
Level 1

The VWIC-MFT-E1 receiver operates in a short haul mode, and can recover a 20 dB attenuated signal. To translate this to an accurate cable length, the cable attenuation characteristics must be known. Typical cable attenuation for .4 mm wire is 3 dB per 100 m (measured at 1024 KHz). So the maximum cable length for this card is ~600 meters. This figure includes 3 dB margin.

Use an attenuator on the line to achieve the dB specification for the VWIC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_tech_note09186a00800b6e0f.shtml#features