Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexWan memory modules

lomine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all

I've a Router Cisco 7609 with 02 SUP2/MSFC2 running native IOS 12.1(19)E1 and one Flexwan (WS-X6182-2PA), and inside the Flexwan I've installed a PA-ATM OC3 SMI.

I'd like to know if is possible use a 64 memory board SODRAM in the left slot and 128MB memory on the right slot of the FLEXWAN module, I mean, use a 192MB on this module.

Or just use 64MB on the left and right memory slot OR 128MB plus 128MB in both memory slot's?

Antoher question is: Does the FLEXWAN work with just one memory board SODRAM in one memory slot? (e.g. just 128MB OR 64MB)

Tks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

beng
Level 1
Level 1

You have to use two 128M.

Flexwan memory information as the following:

# 64-MB Error-Correcting Code (ECC) synchronous dynamic RAM (SDRAM) memory for each port adapter slot, or 128-MB aggregate for the entire FlexWAN module (default)

#

* Configurable option for up to 128-MB ECC SDRAM memory for each port adapter slot, or 256-MB aggregate for the entire FlexWAN module

# 8-MB Flash memory

Regards,

Bessie

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

beng
Level 1
Level 1

You have to use two 128M.

Flexwan memory information as the following:

# 64-MB Error-Correcting Code (ECC) synchronous dynamic RAM (SDRAM) memory for each port adapter slot, or 128-MB aggregate for the entire FlexWAN module (default)

#

* Configurable option for up to 128-MB ECC SDRAM memory for each port adapter slot, or 256-MB aggregate for the entire FlexWAN module

# 8-MB Flash memory

Regards,

Bessie

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card