cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help!! Have 2 chassis AS5300 (one more older than other) (+ inside )

azamy
Level 1
Level 1

More older unit can't define two modules with MICA modems (240 mdms in a whole). More newer unit define them without problems.

But both units define a module with 8 E1 ports.

What can be a problem? I have "sh tech" output in a files for both units and can send it to an expert who will try to help me.

Azamat

ExNet ISP

info@exnet.kg

4 Replies 4

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

When you say older unit do you mean older IOS? The carrier card for the 12 port modem module is AS53-CC2-DM...This can be used for both the 6 & 12 port modules. Ensure you have the CC2 card.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_serv/5300/hw_inst/mod_inst/53mmicv2.htm

Thanks, Mak.

Mak

only with AS53-CC2-DM we can put 240 MICA modems to the case.

one unit is manuf. 1999 and the second at 2000

Also I have following message during "sh tech" at "old" unit:

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.2(9)XA, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

at more newer one this message looks like this:

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(2)XD1, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

but at one cisco document I saw that double density modem card will work with boot code ver. 12 and late.

is this difference causes a problem with identification of installed cards in older unit?

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are right..you need to have a boot code 12.0(2)XA, 12.0(3)T, 12.1(1), 12.1(1)T, 12.1(5)T or later in oder to get AS53-CC2-DM recognized in the system.

Following is the url which discuss exactly the same. visit table 2.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_serv/5300/sw_conf/sw_ports/compmat/53ios6pt.htm

So upgrading the bootcode will resolve the issue.

Thank you for yor response

Pls say where can I get a step-by-step explanation of upgrading procedure?

I have to replace a ROM chip from my chassis to one with new verion ?

or old version of boot code from my ROM-chip can be replaced by the new one without changing a chip itself? who can do it? I have to ask the nearest Cisco partner?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card