Views
Helpful
Replies

I want to remove Bridging connectivity from my network

subedar_singh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I want to remove bridging connectivity from my network. Presentally my network is like this.

We have five remote location and my central office in new delhi. all the remote location is connected bridge over WAN for data as well as voice communication .

all the servers (proxy server ,mail server, database server) is located in my central location and remote location accesing these servers thru bridging connectivity over wan.

Now i want to remove all the bridging devices from my network and want to use routing for voice&data communication.

Any one help me out which cisco router is suitable for my application.

Regards.

S yadav.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

it depends on what your providers are offering, which could be Frame Relay, E1, or DSL service. Basically, you need a router at each of your sites, which model depends on the amount of users and the amount of traffic. You might want to consider an 1800 series router for your branch locations, and a 2800 series router for your main office. Or do you already have routing-capable equipment installed at your sites ?

Regards,

GP

Hi,

We have 64k lease line (MLLN)from my central office to each remote location this is point to point connectivity between offices and the devices which is connected in my network not capable with routing

Regards

s.yadav

Hello,

ok, you need new hardware then. I would check with your provider first, often they use and maintain their own equipment for those connections; you buy the service and the provider takes care of the hardware and the configuration.

If you need to buy your own hardware, the recommendations above (Cisco 1800 and 2800) are just that, recommendations. Obviously, you do not necessarily need Cisco equipment...

Regards,

GP

Hi,

My service provider provide only media between to point that is point to point link between two locations,we have installed our device make/.model Rad vmuxfor voice communication and one port is connected in switch for datacommunication this device is working on frame relay. it is outdated now i want to use cisco device for voice and datacommunication over this link.

s. yadav