Views
Helpful
Replies

Infrastrcture down

sandych
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

my infrastructure is of almost 1000 devices with cisco devices i face a problem the whole infrastructure is down for 5 to 10 mins suddenly and then gets up automatically i am really confused in this interval i cant ping , no internet but gets up automatically where is the problem how can we fix it.

10 Replies 10

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

It can be many things, you can have loops or a device with High CPU, a device that is reloading for any reason, etc. you can provide more information in order to help you with the problem, when this happen to reach your gateway? Can you provide a diagram from your infraestructure? 

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Best Regards,

Hi buddy there is one difference its actually an intervel of only 30 seconds 1 minute and it happens in this time interval . . .i see the ports in random from access layer switch cones down and then to UP and then to forwarding status . . . .is this anyway related to passive side or STP.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Something else that might cause a general drop in a network, would be some form of dynamic routing "meltdown" (which might be triggered by a flapping interface).

Too little information provided.

Dear Buddy can u say whats the flapping of switch interface i saw this message in my log that two interface flapping . . . these two interface are connected to wireless so i searched and thought its usua.

how to make it not flapping and whats the reason behind this flapping .

It is normal to see mac-address flap between interfaces when you are connected to the wireless network, this is because you can be in an access point that is connected to a port and when you move to another side of the building you can connect to another access point that is connected to other port of the switch. You have to provide more información in order to help you with that problem. When the interface come down ths happen in all the devices or in a particular one? 

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Best Regards,

18-06-2018 18:03 Warning 10.6.0.11 %LINK-W-Down: gi27
18-06-2018 18:03 Warning 10.6.0.11 %STP-W-PORTSTATUS: gi27: STP status Forwarding
18-06-2018 18:03 Info 10.6.0.11 %LINK-I-Up: gi27 

the ports in random get down like this the ACCess layer switch SG 300 i have enabled BPDU gaurd in all ports remaining UP Link so whats happenning 

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The interfaces which if they flap you need to concern yourself with are those that trigger changes to STP or routing protocols.

I see Flapping message and also i see logs like below

18-06-2018 18:03 Warning 10.6.0.11 %LINK-W-Down: gi27
18-06-2018 18:03 Warning 10.6.0.11 %STP-W-PORTSTATUS: gi27: STP status Forwarding
18-06-2018 18:03 Info 10.6.0.11 %LINK-I-Up: gi27

but the ports vary 3 rd one 10 th port like that . . .this is happenning continuosly . . some thing that relates to the main problem i am facing 

What's on that port?

Do you have portfast enabled for host ports?