cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating IGX UXM with Router..

bala.kcs
Level 1
Level 1

I have two sites Phoenix & Newberlin each having one IGX & Router. We have the T3 between the Routers. However between IGXs at Phoenix & Newberlin we are having only 2x T1s. Is there a work around such that I can connect my IGXs at Phoenix & newberlin to the local router so that my IGXs see each other via the Routers... If there is a work around, It would be really fantastic..

I know many of you would suggest to move the T3 back on the IGX and have Routers connected via IGX.. I need the otherway solution...

Can anyone Help me.

11 Replies 11

hbaerten
Level 4
Level 4

Supposing you have frame-relay connections (or are willing to implement FR), you could configure the routers as FR switches (or in hybrid mode).

See http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/116/fr_faq.html#5

So if you then physically connect the IGX to the router, you can define a FR pvc (or multiple pvcs) from IGX to IGX via the routers.

hth

Herbert

Herbert,

Thanks for your responce, However I want to connect my IGX UXM (trunk) to the Router on both sites.. Is there any way Routers could provide Transparent path such that UXM's talk to each other across the routers connected via T3. IGX can switch voice or FR PVC once it sees the other IGX.

regards,

KCS Balaji

AFAIK this is not possible, but I admit that my knowledge in this field is limited.

Just curious though, why you don't want to interconnect the IGX directly using the T3...

regards,

Herbert

Some policy issues...

v

The problem is that the UXM trunks use VPC , not VCC to talk to each other. If you could build a connection between the routers as a VPC on the routers, then assign that VPC to the UXM trunk this may work. I am not real sure also how you are trying to lay this out. There are ways to get around this, depending what cards and ports you have in the IGX.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.. I have only UXM-E with E1 back cards..Also do you have any idea on how IGX UXMs can talk over Public ATM network.

regards,

KCS Balaji

You can do what is called virtual trunking. Say you are using card 3, and you need to use 3 ports to do this on each side. You configure one port (port 1) as a trunk, and say you option him to use VPI 6. Then connect it with a crossover cable to another UXM port (port 2) that is a line. Then you take a third UXM port on that card and attach it to the ATM network. Now to get the trunk out the line port that is attached to the ATM circuit. Then say the vpi.vci on the atm circuit is 1.57. Make the connection from port 2 to port 3 internally = addcon 3.2.6.* igx 3.3.1.57.

Now everything that the trunk is sending on vpi 6 will go out vpi.vci 1.57. There is information on this out on cco.

Hi ,

The info which you gave was very interesting. The only question I have in my mind is how do I define the 1.57 in the UXM port. I can understand that making VPI = 1 (In configuring Trunk port ). How do I make the vci as 57.. or I can do addcon 3.2.6.x igx 3.3.1.x isn't it..

However I have great regards to your idea..

regards,

KCS Balaji

the atm vendor would give you the vpi.vci. As an example I used 1.57.

So the addcon would be addcon 3.2.6.x igx 3.3.1.57

HI Thanks,

This clarifies.

KCS Balaji