Views
Helpful
Replies

Intervlan Routing problems

karl.jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have just purchased many WS-C2950C-24 switches and am having problems with inter-vlan routing. I have created 3 vlans, vlans 1, 2, & 3 on 7 of these switches. On each vlan, devices on the same vlan can ping each other and the default gateway which is a 3620 router. But a device on vlan 1 cannot ping a device on vlans 2 or 3. I have configured the trunking correctly to the router and between the switches I believe. On 6 of the switches is sw rel 12.0(5.3)wc(1) and on the other switch is 12.1(6)Ea2c.

Anyone got any idea's why this may not be working.

Many Thanks

3 Replies 3

j.viola
Level 1
Level 1

What are you running on the Router (ip routing only? IRB? )What happens when you do "show ip route" on router? Can a device on vlan 2 ping device on vlan3?

mfaust
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have the correct default gateway set on all of the devices? If so, look at the routing table in the 3620. Does it have all of the routes? Did you create the VLANs on the router? Can the end devices ping the default gateway? Can they ping the router interface on the remote VLAN? Check these things and get back to me.

Hi All

I have managed to sort this out... with some help from cisco. There was a bug in the 12.1 code on the 3620 ... basically I had change the native vlan between the switch and the router from 1 to 99 and then all of a sudden ... all devices started communicating with each other.

Thanks for your replys

Regards