cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Invalid File - Unable to open File

raymund
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded 16.5.1 Secure Network Devices but was unable to open it and says "File contains corrupted Physical  Workspace Data" while it works on my classmate's laptop/pc.

Is there any way I can fix this? Tried downloading a new file, issue still persist. Also tried reinstalling CPT, still the same problem.Screenshot_37.jpg

10 Replies 10

hojin.lee
Level 1
Level 1

I opened the packet tracer file in I2IoT, but it failed with the same symptom.
For reference, I'm using the packet tracer that I newly downloaded today.
Both PC and MAC have the same problem

I have the same problem, taking the course in Portuguese Brazil, but it seems that the course in English is ok.

hello alyssonrc. i have the same problem and i cant find the course. can you provide me the course name in ingles please? I cant find it

work.bukreev
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with a file from CCNA course. Hey Cisco are you going to fix it?

Level 1
Level 1

I also have the same problem with most of the .pka files on both version 7.2.2 and 8.1.0

alex.garciase
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with version 8.1.1, using Windows 11. What OS do you use?

uo250607
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. Windows 10 PT version 8.1.1. Any solution?

alex.garciase
Level 1
Level 1

Solution:

In windows 10 as in windows 11 it worked for me to change the language in my case from Spanish to English, I downloaded it again and this time the error no longer appeared, I hope it works for others.

It worked in Mexico 02/11/2022

oleg3
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem on packet tracer ver 8.1.1 . Fixing problem: installation older version of packet tracer in my case ver 7.3.1.

pk1.jpg

pk2.png

alyssonrc
Level 1
Level 1

this problem is with other languages, in the English course it is normal.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: