cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM Sources - adding another source, diff IP but existsing device

etarento
Level 1
Level 1

I want one collection to operate from my router's loopback address and another collection (different operation) to operate from the same router but using it's LAN port. I want both to operate simultaneously. Trying to add the LAN port, IPM complains saying, source already exists.

How do I do this on a single IPM installation?

Or if I add the rtr commands manually to the config, how do I get IPM to gather the stats?

1 Reply 1

ntst
Level 1
Level 1

etaranto,

I am doing this myself. 1st there is a parameter that you have to change in order to enable the feature of selecting the source address of the IPM rtr operation. This is in the documentation here: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/ipmcw2k/cipm25/ug/ipmwork.htm#1253462

Once you have done this, you have to use the IP that you want the operation sourced by as the source definition. You then can have 2 sources the same device with different IPs as long as you keep the names and aliases different. I use aliases like "routername-Lo0" and "routername-Fa0" for example. Once you get this working you won't need to investigate the manual stats gathering technique you mentioned (and I don't know if that is possible or not).

Good Luck,

Carlo

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card