port, I cannot because both channels are taken by router. How can I make

router free one channel in case of analog call and use it later when call is

disconnected?

9 Replies 9

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

as per ur requirement do create 2 dialer interfaces one for dial in and one for dial out.

On the Dial out dialer interface do specify the B/W as 128 by making as ppp multilink and dialer load threshold values.

on the dial in dialer interface no need to configure the multilink since its goin to use only one of the chanel.it require only dial in config lines to accept the call.

hope this link will be of some help to u ...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/tech_configuration_examples_list.html

regds

Sorry bu I do not understand. When primary line is down, backup dialer is activated and takes both B channels. If I want to make telephone call from phone connected to the sam NT as router ISDN BRI card, I get busy signal. I want to make NT or router BRI card to free one B channel so I could get free line for my phone. I need just outgoing call, not incoming.

Thanks!

hi

i thought ur trying to configure one channel for incoming call,thtsy i mentioned those config lines for dialin.

Dialer interface will take both the channels if you have configured them to bundle both the channesl and give 128K bandwidth.

If you still require 128K bandwidth backup and if u want to make a call using another channel that wont be possible since it has only 2 channels and will use both of them for dialout.

but if ur trying for 64K backup bandwidth and trying to dialout with another B channel it will work without any issues.

Since u r mentioning tht both the channels are getting used i smell that the configuration is done in such a way to give 128K (thts to bundle both the channels).to get the cleared do post ur bri config part too..

regds

:-))) I know it takes 128k because this is what I want. I want to have 128k unless there is a need for outbound call. In that case I want riuter to use only one b channel.

What I found on internet is that it is called "call bumping" and should be supported by TA, in this case ISDN BRI card in router. So question is does Cisco ISDN BRI support "call bumping"

Correction - in case you read the previous edit of this posting - here are a document I found that might be useful. Do a "find" on "bumping". The feature is also know as "voice priority". I don't know anything about it though.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007c978.html

FWIW

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

I saw that also, but do not think it will help. This is for 800 series router and ISDN card that connect to U interface of provider. This router has POTS ports for connecting POTS devices. I need this funcionality on 2600 series router with ISDN BRI card that connects to provider's NT ans S/T interface. Thanks anyway.

Yes, I thought that might be the case, even from just a cursory skim through the paper. Not really a solution for you, because you need the Serial line as well.

It's great for me though, 'cos my family can no longer complain they can't make a phone call when I'm using 128k of Internet from my 803. (;o)>

(For info, do you know if the feature applies to the 803 'S/T' interface model, or only the 804 'U' interface model?)

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Do not know, when I saw it is not good for me I didn't investigate it any more

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card