Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN REmote access problem

lucas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problm with a Cisco3660 with 4 Channelized E1/PRI port(s). The router is configured for dialin and dialout calls.

The problem is on the dialin, made by remote clients via ISDN. The client randomly lose tcp/ip connection with LAN hosts after 1 or 2 minuts after the session is up, and after about 20 seconds the connection is dropped. I can't have more than 5 clients concurrently connected.

Debug shows that disconnect reaseon is "0x8090 - Normal call clearing"

What should I check ?

Thank you in advance

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

my first suggestion would be try changing the dialer idle-timeout values on ur dialers.its defined as 30 and 60 try to increase tht to either 300 or 200 based on ur req and chek the same.

For 20seconds disconnection issue from my personal experince its fully due to some authentication mismatch,which i have rectified after correcting out the authentication parameters either in customer end or in my end.

regds

I tried to increase dialer-timeout upto 300 sec, but the problem is still the same.

I would tackle it by doing a debug dialer event, a debug ppp error and a debug ppp negotiation. I think that is the most likely way to find a clue to the problem.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

We need to run a complete set of debugs to see why the call disconnects prematurely, also whether the disconnect comes from the network end or from the 3660.

deb isdn q931/ deb ppp nego / deb vtemp / deb dialer eve

Thanks, Mak

Attached there are:

debug isdn q931

debug ppp negotiation

As soon as I can I will provide more debugs

Thank you in advance